BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Additions... Welcome Greyson!

Photo by David Santel, Greyson's well-deserving Godfather.


I am so proud of my sister, Heidi.

Yesterday, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Greyson David at 4:28pm.


He's 9lbs 3oz and 21.25" long. No small feat for a girl who started out weighing 100lbs wet!

Heck. That's no small feat most any woman who has given birth.

Amazing.

(Isn't Heidi beautiful?)

Little Grey David has LOTS of dark, curly hair, and the biggest hands and feet that I have ever seen on a baby. They're about the same size as Big K's!


Heidi, Ryan and their newest addition are doing extremely well. Mommy and Daddy are learning how to care for Greyson. I had the honor of teaching Ry how to change his first diaper EVER. HOW one has gone 26 years and 4 nieces and nephews and NOT change a diaper is beyond me. But I was honored.
(The role of Daddy suits Ry, doesn't it?)
I was fortunate to get to spend some alone time with Heidi and Greyson today, and I loved every moment of it. I was also honored to help Heidi with Greyson's care, as well. The time I got to spend with her was so special. Just thinking about it makes me tear up. I'm so glad Mom, Dad and Judy took Kaleb with them so we could have that time together.

(I look terrible in this picture because I had a horrific night of sleep on a very narrow cot with a very squirmy child.)

I was SHOCKED at how big Kaleb looks in the pictures Dad emailed me today of my little monkey next to G.D.

(notice that I'm trying out some little names for "Baby". )

I'm excited to make the trip down this weekend and spend more time with the newest addition to the Dulaney family. I can't wait for Uncle Greg and Cousin Evan to meet Grey Dave.

0 comments: